Membership is open to all and everyone. The Manotick Art Association represents artists, novice to professional, from Manotick and the Rideau Valley as well as from Ottawa, Gatineau and the wider surrounding areas. Our membership has grown over the years to over 150 members. Join us to meet and network with your fellow artists!
Membership Does Have Its Privileges, you may:
- attend monthly meetings and view presentations by established and well-known artists
- display images of your artwork on the members' web gallery
- exhibit your artwork at local Manotick establishments
- participate in MAA supported workshops
- participate in the Spring Art Show & Sale
- participate in local weekly paint-ins (winter) or paint-outs (summer)
- receive support from MAA for member-led activities
- receive monthly newsletter and other info notifications by email
- access to a current library of books, DVDs and other relevant materials
- Receive a discount at Wallack’s when membership card is presented with purchase
How to Join
You may join MAA any time of the year. Simply print out the Membership Form (PDF) and bring it to our next meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there other requirements for joining MAA or taking part in sales and exhibits?
MAA functions entirely through the support of many volunteers. Members are encouraged to be actively involved in a capacity or committee of their choice. Members taking part in the Spring Show and Sale must volunteer in some capacity in support of the show.
Is MAA right for me?
MAA artists work in a diverse range of visual arts mediums, including oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media, glass, marquetry and photography. We would love to have you join us!
Are there additional costs for exhibiting my work at the Manotick Public Library or Miller’s Oven?
No. There is no additional cost for exhibiting at the Manotick Public Library or Miller’s Oven.
Are there additional costs for displaying my artwork in the online gallery?
No. There is no additional cost for displaying artwork in the online gallery. Members may also post a brief biography and a link to their own website if they have one.
Are there additional costs for exhibiting my work at the Spring Show and Sale?
Yes. There are fees to exhibit work at the Spring Show and Sale. These fees vary depending upon the size/format of the booth desired. MAA collects 10% commission on sales. Booth and commission fees are used to defray the costs of holding the show.
© Copyright 2016 - Manotick Art Association
Website Design by T Greene & G Blake-2017