Author Topic: Ottawa Orchid Society Show  (Read 333 times)

Offline Tom Greene

• Administrator
Ottawa Orchid Society Show
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:05:51 AM »
Hello Orchid Artists, Photographers and Friends,

As in the past we are working hard again to bring you this spring's, "Ottawa Society Orchid  Show" and Art gallery event  on April 21 and 22.
This will be our 37th Annual Show. Last year's Show, at the RA Centre, was again a huge success with a record breaking attendance.

We hope you will join us again on April 21 and 22 by submitting some of your favorite Orchid inspired fine art paintings, photography, fiber art,
sculpture, jewelry and other fine crafts. Please check the attached preregistration forms for the different classes, requirements and final date to
to register,  (April 13),  this year. Limit of 3 entries per artist; 1 entry per student (18 yrs or under).

The fine arts challenge for this year is "Orchids in a realistic, natural style" as shown by Robert Bateman and Beth Hoselton and the
photography challenge is "Orchids and pets". Interpretations can be made according to the artist's creativity.

Fees to exhibit (except for students) $10 per entry. Artists entering more than 2 works, the fee for a 3rd submission is reduced to $ 5 provided
payment is received on or before March 23rd.

This year our usual 10% commission fee, for an art sale, has been dropped and will no longer apply.

In order to submit  your work please contact Henry Steger at: hsteger@bell.net or phone: 613.825.0374and send him your registration form
or a list of your entries with contact information and cheque. He will enter the information in our system and pass them on to me so I can be
ready for you when the art is dropped off at the RA Show location on April 20th between 4:00 and 7:00 pm.

If you would like to volunteer, as many members and non-members have done in the past, and are available to help out for a few hours at the
Art Gallery on Friday, Saturday or Sunday it would be very much appreciated. Please contact me. We will need help with registrations, set up
and sales at the Gallery as well as other parts of the Show. The time commitment can be as little as 2 and 3 hours. 

For further inquiries I can be contacted at: ottawa.orchidart@gmail.com or by phone: 613.729.0175     
I look forward to hear from you and see you again at the Show,

Best regards,
Karina Isert, 
Art Gallery Chair, 2018
ottawa.orchidart@gmail.com
Phone: 613.729.0175